Sunday, July 30, 2006

Bear - Water, second shots

I really did want a different subject for the water shots today (don't think I could have made that drive), but these let me play with motion effects. Ms. Scarlett and I have both been focusing (no pun intended!) on freezing the water. In my first 2 shots here I did the same. Hopefully you can see the effect of motion in the water in the last 2 today.



These next 2 shots are the same shot with a change in the second that should provide a motion effect.





4 comments:

Scarlett O'Hara said...

Barry!

These are awesome!!!

Ok, one thing I have no idea how to do....set the camera up so it shows movement but still keeping everything else in focus. Do share. LOL....

I love the lily and lilypads in the top pic down in the corner. Gorgeous.

Bear said...

This really is easy (ok somewhat easy)! First you must have a tripod and a calm environment. These pictures were taken with shutter priority, set at 1/13 sec. If the wind was blowing then the leaves would show movement, hence the reason for calm. One thing to watch out for is your min aperture for your lens. You might need to step up the speed, but must less than 1/15 and things will start to freeze. The 3rd shot, in bright sunlight, was 1/13 at f14 (my lens has a min of 22). The last shot was 1/4 sec at f8 (shade helps). Your 17-85 has the same min aperture.

Bear said...

Jenna, I can't speak for Jan, but I'm fine with you saving the images for personal use. The only thing I ask is that you don't link to them (bandwidth cost for my photo server), just save a copy.

Scarlett O'Hara said...

hey jenna!

yep - you can have any of mine too...but if you want a good copy, just email me and tell me the ones you like and i can email the larger version to you. i find if i copy them off the blogs, and then try to use as my desktop pic, they are too blurry at the larger size.